The term ‘Allegra Bridal’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Claire Pompei, trading as ‘Allegra Bridal’, whose registered office is 117 Blackbrook Lane, Bromley, Kent, BR1 2LP. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
This website and its content is copyright of Allegra Bridal - © Allegra Bridal 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only; and
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
Section B: Ordering from us
This section (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Products) listed on our website to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
1. Your status
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that you are:
- legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- at least 18 years old.
2. Placing an Order
- 2.1 After placing an order through our website, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- 2.2 The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products that may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
3. Availability and Delivery
- 3.1 Our delivery charges and timescales are outlined on the Delivery and Returns page on our website.
- 3.2 Please note that a signature will be required upon delivery of your order. If nobody is available to sign for the package, a card will be left so you can arrange a redelivery or collect the package from your local sorting office. Items not collected within 1 week for first class recorded and 3 weeks for special delivery will be returned to Allegra Bridal. In these circumstances, the cost of re-sending the package will be the responsibility of the customer.
- 3.3 Most orders are dispatched within 1-3 working days. If your selected item is out of stock or you have requested more of an item than we have in stock, we will contact you as soon as possible with an estimated delivery date. You will have the option to cancel your order at this point if you wish. Once the order is dispatched we cannot take responsibility for late or non-delivery due to factors outside our control.
4. Risk and Title
- 4.1 The Products will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
- 4.2 Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
5. Product Quantity
- 5.1 All products are quality checked before despatch. Any items that are damaged during transit may be returned as outlined in our returns policy. Please be aware that slight variations can sometimes occur between the items you see on our website and those you receive. Colours may also vary slightly due to the settings on your monitor.
- 5.2 Avoid the use of hairsprays and perfumes when wearing our jewellery and accessories as this can discolour pearls and make crystals appear dull. Many of our products contain Sterling Silver which may tarnish over time. A silver jewellery cleaner will remove this tarnishing.
6. Price and Payment
- 6.1 The price of the Products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our site, except in cases of obvious error.
- 6.2 Product prices include VAT.
- 6.3 Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- 6.4 Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product.
- 6.5 Notwithstanding the sending of a Dispatch Confirmation, if a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- 6.6 Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with credit and debit cards through PayPal, a third party payment transfer service. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch your order.
- 7.1 Although we hope that you will be completely satisfied with your order, if, for any reason you are not happy with the Products you have purchased, please let us know within 7 days of receipt using the form on the Contact Us page. We will then inform you of the address to return the Products to. Products must be returned to us in an unused condition in the original packaging within 14 days of receipt to qualify for a refund. By unused, we mean the item must be unworn, with no marks or scratches, and having had no contact with hairsprays or perfumes.
- 7.2 Original delivery charges are non-refundable unless the Product is being returned because it is faulty. If your order qualified for free delivery (over £75) and you return all or part of the order, you will be charged the original delivery on the item(s) at our standard delivery rates. This will be deducted from your refund.
- 7.3 Please note that earrings for pierced ears are non-returnable for health and hygiene reasons. This also applies to jewellery sets that include earrings for pierced ears. Personalised, or bespoke Products (including engraved Products) are also non-returnable.
- 7.4 The cost of return postage is the responsibility of the customer. As a refund can only be made on receipt of the Product, it is recommended that the item is returned via recorded or special delivery. The Products remain the customer’s responsibility until we have signed for them at the returns address. When returning items you are strongly recommended to obtain proof of posting as we cannot accept responsibility for parcels lost in transit. In the absence of proof of postage and delivery to us, we shall have the right to determine at our sole discretion whether we have received a parcel.
- 7.5 We will let you know when we have received the goods and you will receive an email confirming your refund.
- 7.6 We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
8. Our Liability
- 8.1 Subject to clause 8.3, if we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the Products and, subject to clause 8.2, any losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
- 8.2 Subject to clause 8.3, we will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions that fall into the following categories:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits;
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of data.
- 8.3 Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
9. Import Duty
- 9.1 If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- 9.2 Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
10. Written Communication
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 10 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
12. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
- 12.1 The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assignees.
- 12.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- 12.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
13. Events Outside our Control
- 13.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
13.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and
- pandemic or epidemic.
- 13.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- 14.1 If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- 14.2 A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- 14.3 No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 11 above.
If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. Entire Agreement
- 16.1 These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of any Contract.
- 16.2 We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us relies on, or will have any remedies in respect of, any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these terms and conditions or the documents referred to in them.
- 16.3 Each of us agrees that our only liability in respect of those representations and warranties that are set out in this agreement (whether made innocently or negligently) will be for breach of contract.
- 16.4 Nothing in this clause limits or excludes any liability for fraud.
17. Our right to vary these Terms and Conditions
- 17.1 We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- 17.1 You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
18. Law and Jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
19. Third Party Rights
A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.